BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's time for a new camera


Well gals, I come to you all in need of your vast knowledge as I hunt for a new camera. I've had mine for a few years now and really want to upgrade. My LCD screen is about 4 cm big, it goes through batteries like it's nobody's business, and well, sometimes I'm just spoiled and want to upgrade. That should be reason enough right? Wrong, I'm too big of a tight wad (yes, I freely admit that) to spend my money frivilously. So I want your opinions on a nice camera that won't make me faint when I pull out the ole debit card. I want a decent size LCD. If you have the camera you are recommending, how often do you go through batteries? What is your opinion on megapixels? I've heard various things. All I need this for is taking pics of the kiddos doing whatever. Give me your opinions PLEASE!

7 comments:

Pebley Family said...

Hey, well we just got a cannon rebel xti. We love it. I don't know if that is what you want though. My friend loves her cannon powershot. I don't know how much it costs but she swears by it. She uses either chargeable batteries or lithium batteries. With our smaller camera we use lithium batteries and they last for months. Hope this helps.

Bree said...

Jay and I bought the Sony Cybershot around Christmas time and we love it. It has 8 megapixels and that is enough for us to do what we want to with it. I also love it because it is small and can fit in your pocket, I take mine everywhere I go. I would love to get the Cannon rebel though. But I do love my Cybershot and I would recommend it because it is not unreasonably priced and it has a rechargable battery that I only recharge about once a week or so depending on how much I am using it. Hope that was helpful.

Libby said...

I have a Nikon D40X, which is really great. For something a little cheaper though I like my Nikon Coolpix. It's a smaller camera with a rechargeable battery. It also has a new commercial with Ashton Kutcher. What else do you need?

Kara said...

I have the Fuji Finepix with 12 megapixels. We have liked it so far. It has re-chargeable batteries, which I love. I think you can go a little cheaper if you get less megapixels. Good luck!!

Brandi said...

I'm no help. My poor Nikon Coolpix 4300 also needs replacing. We holding the battery door closed with freaking masking tape! (lol) And, it only has 4 MP. How embarrassing!

I hope you find a camera that works for you! Let us know what you get!

Brin said...

Man oh man, all the opinions and advice. I as well have the Cannon rebel XTi. I love it!!! It is a little big to just be carrying wherever though (I do it anyway because I love the quality of pictures it takes). There are several students out here who have the Canon Powershots and love them. Decisions, decisions... I say, your kids are only yound once splurge a little to get some great pictures. Who am I to talk huh! Love ya!

The StaceNeedle said...

Hey! So I have an Olympus FE-240. It has a 2.5" LCD and 7.1 Megapixel. If you saw the videos on my blog they were taken from my camera. It does a pretty sweet job and I think it's 200 or less. And it also has a rechargable battery which is nice! Good luck! Oh and you can get it at Costco!