BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What is a spiral fracture?

Well here is the definition out of the medical dictionary:
spiral fracture: n. A fracture in which the bone has been twisted apart and the line of break is helical.
Does that mean anything to ya? Well basically if you took a branch off a tree and twisted it until it broke, that is what happens to your bone. And that my friends is what happened to Coop today. If you are wondering, he can't actually fly, though I'm not sure that is what he was attempting when he jumped off his dresser today. But regardless, his leg still is broken. The upside was that I got to see Marilynn Hurt today at insta care, so that was fun. The down side, well I'll just name a couple for now if you don't mind me venting... 1) I'm worried that if we go to the park that he will get wood chips down it, so the park is out for now, who knows how long that will last, 2) We are talking 6-8 weeks here, but the pool will be open in about 5, how hard will that be for him to go hang out at my parents while everybody else swims. Hopefully it will only be 6 weeks and that won't be too much of a problem. Basically I'm planning on hanging out here until he's ready to start moving around a little more which the Dr. thinks will be a couple days, and then we will start to get creative with some field trips. If you have any ideas please let me know. Abby is being pretty good about it, but she is bored already so hopefully we'll figure stuff out with her too. Anyway wish me luck!

PS I'll post picture later, he won't let me take any yet, I'll have to wait until he falls asleep:)
PSS What little boy chooses black for his cast color, am I raising a gothic?

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Poor Cooper. :( I'm sure my mom took good care of him. I hope the cast only has to be on for 6 weeks. (fingers crossed) Some ideas for field trips: the zoo, the Treehouse Museum, and isn't there some sort of science museum in SLC? Anyway, I hope you can find some fun, sand-free, wood chip-free activities.

On a side note, if you want to find out whether Cooper would work out as a goth, try some white face makeup on him and dye his hair jet black. Or, better yet, try the Emo look and get him some skinny girl jeans and don't let him smile. ;)

Just the 7 of us said...

Too Bad Hopefully he can recover soon. By the way this your cousin Rachel from the Rudd side didn't know if you knew I was reading your blog or not. But I enjoy keeping up with family events. Hope to see you soon.

Nicole said...

It always made me happy when I got to see Marilyn at the insta care. I sure hope JB doesn't plan on jumping off his dresser any time soon. I've already got Chad to worry about when it comes to injurys I don't need JB competing with him! sorry Coop!