BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good news all around

Where do I begin. Approximately 2 weeks ago Coop got a little cold, you know runny nose, coughing, whatnot. Well it's that time of year so I saw it coming. Didn't worry me too much. Fast forward to last Tuesday, Rob and Shelby both start to get a runny nose, coughing, you see the pattern. Well they both got yuckier and yuckier, meanwhile Coop gets better and better, that was convenient. Abby and I also stayed healthy. Well Thursday rolls around and Rob actually cancelled most of his appointments and for Friday too. This is rediculous. He is never this sick I tell ya. He gets so bored that he pushes himself, even when its at its worst and breaks through and eventually gets better, though not as fast as it would happen if he would just stop for two seconds. Anywho, enough venting. So he is down for the count. Shelby, also getting worse and worse, is plain miserable, she stops sleeping through the night probably on Wednesday, getting up 3-4 times just needing to snuggle. By Sunday I'm fed up with it and starting to wonder, hoping a little even, that she has an ear infection. You see and ear infection I can fix, a cold I have to wait out. Rob is staying home from church, so Shelby will be with him. Coop finds out dad is staying home and decides that he needs to stay home too. Well I'm a smidgen sleep deprived and not taking requests at this point. I get Coop and Abby dressed and ready for church and as I'm tying Coopy's shoes he looks at me with big tears in his eyes and says "Mommy, my eaw hewts." (Yeah, he doesn't quite say his r's yet, it's pretty cute). Sure enough I look in his ear and there is a scab there from him picking at in the night. Yeah, kid two-ear infection, kid three-ear infection. Well luckily for me Rob is now on the up and up and is just worn out from being in bed for 3 days, but no longer achy or congested. Well guess what buddy, we're all worn out-you're coming to the Dr with me. So I send Abby to church with a neighbor and wait for the Kid's Care to open. Abby's home from church in time to come to the appointment with us, so it's a family trip to Kid's Care. You're all jealous I know. To make a long story somewhat shorter, Coop's diagnosis-horrible ear infections, antibiotics ought to take care of business. Shelby's diagnosis-RSV, no ear infection and just wait it out. Yeah, yeah, don't we all love viruses. That night at home Abby's starts to act a little strange, "Mommy, my head hurts." YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! "OK buddy, does anything else hurt?" "No" OK Abby is at the point in here "career" where it is OK to lie straight to my face, so we need to test this one out. She is kind of fishy in that she will play just fine when we're all having fun, but when things quiet down she complains that her head hurts. Yesterday she was a little up and down, Abby's diagnosis-a little cold, no big deal. So now for the good news, yes, there is some-finally. Rob is fine now, went to work yesterday and today. Abby, still trying for some sympathy, but is fine. Coop, on day 3 of antibiotics, and back to normal. Shelby, this is my favorite part, SLEPT THROUGHT THE NIGHT. Sure, I still woke up wondering when someone would come and bug me for one reason or another, but it didn't happen. Abby even went potty and back to bed without coming in to say hello and make me walk her back to bed. It was fantastic! So, this is my application for mother of the week. I hope I have convinced you all. I would like to dedicate this award to 1)single moms, you all amaze me and deserve so much more that you get, and 2)people who don't live near family. The worst of this experience happened over a holiday weekend when most of my family was out of town, so I had nobody to pawn the healthy kids off on. I now realize how lucky I am in having a good hard working husband who does more than his fair share, and also a fantastic family who steps in to help out during a crisis. LOVE YA!

PS Even more good news. I was trying to find out when Harry Potter the Half Blood Prince comes out in theaters and came across a good trailer. They've got many on youtube, but this is the best I could find http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBcWtMgKMYE&feature=related. I hope you're all as excited as I am!

6 comments:

Brin said...

Mother of the week award coming at ya!!! My goodness you deserve it. I second that motion on having family around. How nice would it be... I guess I'll find out in a few months. We all had the flu for 10 days last week and I tell you what, I about had my mom fly out to take care of us. Noone felt good enough to take care of themselves let alone someone else. I'm glad your all getting over the colds. It's absolutely horrible. Good thing you held it all together for everyone!

Bree said...

Kristen..I feel your pain. Just check my blog for a post on this matter coming soon. And what the heck Brinley has a blog and I can't look at it can you? Send me an e-mail with her e-mail address. Glad you gu=ys are getting better.

Jennie said...

If there was a dundee award for "Bushiest Mom" or "Busiest Mom" (PLEASE tell me your an OFFICE fan) you would win with a land slide! Max too has been sick with ear infections and colds and I feel overwhelmed just taking care of one sick kid, so I'm not sure how you're still functioning. Serious props to ya. And if you ever need a place to drop the kids off, mi casa es su casa, seriosuly.

Brandi said...

Sounds like a crazy week. I'm glad everyone's starting to feel a little better now. I hate when the kids are sick, but I almost think it's worse when the hubbies are sick.

P.S. I'm a big Harry Potter fan, too. Oh yeah, baby!

Lindsey Rose said...

Kristen! I was so happy to hear from you. Your little kids are darling. How old are they. It is amazing how time flies, becuase I have only seen Abby. You are all so cute, and man what an experience with kids being sick! It is the worst. We live in Tennessee and my husband Doug just graduated from law school and is working as an attorney here. Life is crazy as ever! We are expecting our third in May, which we are really excited about. My little boy Benson is only 16 months old so it should be interesting! Anyway, I am excited that I have your blog address, I will look at it often. Tell Rod hello.

Lindsey Rose said...

Man, I mean tell Rob hello, and if you know any Rod's you can tell them hi as well!