BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Number 19


Well it's official, I'm a soccer mom. We have been going to the cousins games and I asked her if she wanted to play and amazingly enough she actually said yes. I was quite surprised, I thought tumbling would be all she would ever want to do. Anyway, so Abby had her first "game" today. I use that term very loosely because it was crazy and chaotic and so much fun. It's not all that easy coralling 4 year old girls into playing the simple game of soccer. Here's the days diary entry:

12:30-arrive at Friendship park with much enthusiasm and family in tow. They said to be there at 12:30 to get our uniforms and then meet on the field. We of course are right on time (I know I was pretty shocked too) and get our unies ("purple, but mom I thought you said we would be pink";"I know I said that honey, I thought you would be pink but purple is such a cool color too"; "oh, yeah, that's right"). "Do you want a ball too, they're only $10?" (I think to myself, crap I should have got a stupid ball at Walmart for $5 when we were the getting guards and cleats, that ended up being to big.) "yeah, we'll take a ball, Rob where's your wallet?"

12:35-Into our trusty minivan while Rob has Coop and Shelb at the park and change into our uni. These socks are HUGE, they would fit me. I totally fold them over twice. Lace up them cleats, she's as cute as a button. Let's take a picture, crap where's the camera, at home on the table along with the water bottle.

12:40-Well we're ready for gametime. Only 20 minutes to go. "Abs, let's go kick the new ball"; "no I want to go play at the park with Cooper"; "whatever".

12:45-"Rob run home and get the camera and the water bottle"

1:00-OK it's finally game time. 50 4 year old girls stretching out trying not to draw too much attention to themselves, and parents watching with pride.

1:30-After a 1/2 hour of basic drills that were kind of a joke, it's game time. "No Abby you're purple you need to kick the ball to that goal"; "I'm thirsty"; "We'll drink later, go get the ball" she sneaks around me as I'm trying to coach the other girls and gets her water bottle, next time I see her she is running down the field with her water bottle in tow. I steal it from her and give it back to Rob.

2:00-Times up, time to go. Some girl on the other team scored like 6 goals, she's a natural. Meanwhile Abby along with 4 or 5 other girls could have cared less what just happened. Nobody cared if they won or lossed. Abby was extatic to be out there and as long as she's happy, I'm happy.

4 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

I love the play by play. I'll be surprised if Abbie isn't a soccer star. So are you the coach? She looks really cute in her soccer outfit. Outfit? Hmmm...that can't be the terminology....oh well.

Brin said...

What can I say, she must take after her mom. Isn't that how you played? I as well loved the play by play. Before you know it she'll be on every All-star and Comp team out there. Darling picture!!!

Kelly said...

Go Purple Team!! And you go soccer mom!! Can't wait for that to happen at my house...still gotta a couple of years, but Zak thinks Landon will go "pro" and pay for us to live like rock stars!!

Jennie said...

Like mother, like daughter! I must admit, Abby is pretty dang cute in that uniform! How fun to be a soccer mom, I can't wait till I graduate to that title!