BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 15, 2008

My free day

Do you ever have fantasies that some day the husband will take your kids and you could have the whole day to yourselves and take care of all those little things you never get to take care of? Well that's me today, except for the taking care of things that I never get to take care of. I actually didn't do anything. Andra's little girl had her 3rd birthday party today and they went to the zoo. We wouldn't send anybody to the zoo alone with my kids, but I had a primary activity this morning, so Rob went. They left at about 9:30, I was at my activity until 11:30, and Shelbs and I have been playing since. Actually we got home, had some lunch and took a nap together. It was fantastic. Then we tidied up a bit and went to good ole Sam's. Usually this a pretty crazy trip, but this time, one kid, it was a breeze! After we got home I've been doing what we all do in our spare time, blogging. What a fun little afternoon. But to make this blog worth while, I have a challenge for you all. We were talking the other day at our play date about always eating the same thing for dinner. So I am going to share a few if my easiest (I do require easy) recipes.

  1. Chicken enchiladas. 2 grilled chicken breasts, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 16 oz tub of sour cream, tortillas (you can do anywhere from 6-10 depending on how far you want to stretch it), and some grated cheese probably about 2-3 cups. Mix the soup and sour cream and cover the bottom of a 9X13 pan with it. Take each tortilla and put some chicken, soup/sr cream mix, and cheese in the middle, roll it up and put it in the pan. When the pan is full cover the filled tortillas with the rest of the soup/sr cream. I like to make it kind of goupy so that the is plenty for dipping chips into. Anyway cook at 350 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle some more cheese on top and cook for 5 more minutes.
  2. Italian chicken: 4-6 chicken breasts, italian dressing, bread crumbs. Spray 9X13 pan, pour dressing over the top (it's kind of yummy to marinate it for a while too), then cover with bread crumbs and bake 45 min-1 hour depending on thickness of chicken.
  3. Crockpot Ranch chicken: 4-6 chicken breasts (depending on the size of your crockpot, if you can fit more than 4 I'm totally jealous!) 1 16 oz tub of sr cream, 1 can cream of chicken, 1 package of Ranch dressing (the powder). Throw it all into the crockpot and (I hope you will all appreciate this) "Set it and forget it"

Well that's about all I can do, except for you know spagetti, lasagna (that I buy at the store already in the box, I just have to cook it), and hamburger helper. I'm now passing the apron (sorry that was a little cheesy) to you all to share with me you recipes. For the love of my family please don't let me down:)

7 comments:

Kara said...

I have those experiences when I don't have kids or Kambri is actually taking a nap and I think, wow I can get stuff done. But then usually I end up thinking I am going to relax while I can! Thanks for the recipes they sound yummy:)

Nicole said...

Don't talk about conversations during playdates!! It just makes me more homesick!! But thanks for the recipes.

Brandi said...

Yay for a relaxing day! I love those. I had a day out alone on Saturday, and it was lovely.

Recipe: Creamy Chicken Soft Tacos
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I put them in frozen); 1 jar of salsa; 1 cup sour cream.

Put chicken in crock pot and pour jar of salsa over it. Cook thoroughly. About 1/2 hour before serving, shred chicken then mix sour cream in. Let simmer in crock pot another 1/2 hour. Serve on tortillas with cheese and taco toppings. Yummy!

Brandi said...

Kristen, the paint I used is from Home Depot. It's Behr brand, and the color is called Belgian Sweet. The number is 700D-6.

The StaceNeedle said...

loved the lasagna comment...this was not one of those days where I was supposed to play around, but I did anyway.

Shishkabobs are fun. Just cut chicken, peppers, pineapples and mushrooms (or whatever you like) and put them on those skewers you can buy. Maybe get metal ones so your kids don't get splinters... :/ I always add lemon pepper seasoning.

I also have an easy stacked enchilada recipe from my friend Melanie: Take corn tortillas, either warm them over a bit of olive oil spray or full on submerge them in olive oil (this decision will determine how texan you are) for 10 or so seconds then put tortilla in a hot pan of enchilada sauce then put on a place and sprinkle cheese on top. Do this with 3 tortillas and then pour some extra sauce and cheese on top if you want. Add sour cream and enjoy. You could add meat if you wanted...but I like to stay easy. ps. you may feel more hungry than 3 tortillas, but they are deceivingly filling.

Let me know what you think!

Libby said...

I know of a similar crock pot chicken recipe. You use dry Italian dressing mix and cream cheese though. I also put red potatoes in with it. Yummy!

Bree said...

Don't think that I'm not gonna give some recipes..I will soon. I really do have some good ones to share.