BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas


Well that was a fun couple of weeks. Christmas with 3 kids is always a joy. The fact that the "Santa doesn't bring presents to naughty kids" worked over and over and over again, it really made things nice there for a bit. We all had a good Christmas weekend with both families. The following weekend we proved that we are a two lazy bums who really know how to party. We had a couple of places that we could have gone to celebrate the new year but decided that we were tired of onry kids and put them to bed ontime and sat up watching TV, just the two of us. We ended up in bed by 11:30 after watching some stupid show on ESPN about some guy who was going to jump a football field on his motorcycle. It was so dumb! I had a hard time staying awake, you know me. I did however make it to midnight, kissed my cute husband, and was asleep by no later that 12:05. Yeah, we're nerds! The following weekend, as you all, know is my birthday weekend. I of course got my annual birthday card from Lib, hilarious as always. We headed for the lovely Las Vegas for a free stay that comes when you go see one of those timeshare places. 4 days 3 nights, well worth it. The main highlight was when we in Ceasars Palace watching the tables when we met some really nice people, who were also either very wealthy, or more drunk than they appeared. We were watching them play Roulette and he asked me what number I like, I of course said 20, which lost, but he also be on black and even to go with the 20. Those both won and he tipped me $50. Yeah, what's a girl to do. So Rob and I played Roulette for over an hour with this man's money. Now you may say to yourself, wow, you're really good to play Roulette for an hour with just $50. No, no, we lost that $50 the first hand. He just kept giving us money because he kept winning while we were at the table. About $150 for me later I actually won a hand. Shortly, there after Rob did too, and shortly after that we had lost it all. But still this man kept winning on my advise. It was fantastic. At one point I said the number 14 and that number hit dead on, yeah, he won almost $900. I got another $50 for that one. When all was said and done I think we went through a grundle of money and lost it all. Rob won big too, and of course lost it as well. The moral of the story is this: I will never gamble again unless it is with someone elses money. I would have been sick if that money was mine. I probably went through $300-400 of this man's money. His philosophy was, keep betting big and then when you win it doesn't look like your losing any. Yeah, great advise.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Did this person have a crush on you? Did he think you could be his Las Vegas lover? I wonder!

Veronica Reeve said...

Kristen, Glad to see a new post! Happy Birthday to you, of coarse I remembered, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you on the day. I guess you weren't around anyways. So Happy Birthday!! Hope to see you soon!

Kelly said...

Shall we call you "Lady Luck"? Happy Birthday to you old lady!! Starting to get closer to 30 than 20 aren't we?? Kinda Scary!! Glad you won some money and lost some money for some crazy in Vegas!!