BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random pictures and thoughts

Well I still don't have anything interesting to blog about so I decided to just throw in some pictures and some updates. You all got to throw in pictures of snow at your house so I thought I'd do the same. Yes, that is a wagon completely covered, along with a lawn mower (Coop's mind you) and Abby's scooter.






This is our swing set. The snow comes up completely to the bottom of the swing.







This picture is just what I'd like to label as a sign of the times. This is Abby, my 4 year old, teaching Coop, my 2 year old, how to use the computer. She really knows how to. She has her own favorites folder and she knows the signs that go with each website. Rob called me at work once and said that Abby wanted to play on the computer and asked which websites should he go to for her. I told him to just give her permission to play and she would do the rest. He walked in to the living room from the kitchen and said, "oh, she's already signing online". This generation is so technologically inclined it amazes me. I was talking to Missy about this today and she says that Kati, who is now 8, totally types with her fingers in the right place and everything. They have much to teach us yet.

This is my little walking Shelbs. Does 2 steps count as walking, I thought so. That is her record so far. She really wants to do more and gets mad at you if you try to hold her hands to help her. Why do my kids think they have to be so independant?




This one I threw in just cause it was cute. I love little pigtails. I thought I was such hot stuff when I was little and my mom would braid my piggies. Libby, bust out the old preschool pic, I'm pretty sure that's what I have in, in addition to my cabbage patch kids shirt of course.


I wanted to throw this one in just to show my kids fun imagination. Those are happy meal boxes on their heads. They though they were the coolest ever.
Lastly, I would like to share that today is the first day to register for EFY. Yeah, I was talking to Missy about sending Baylee and we started reminiscing. One thing I was reminded of was that I was at practice when Stac, Lib, and Veronica registered for us and they registered me as Kristen Gaye McDougal. They thought they were hilarious. It was on all of my paperwork, plus for a few years after whenever I'd get stuff from the church it would come to Kristen Gaye McDougal. Oh, the laughs we had about that one.
This is Kristen Gaye signing off.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Kristen!!
How I love your random memories!! they sure do brighten my day. Thanks for the pics of you darling kiddies!! Love the Happy Meal one.
Love Ya Gaye!!

Veronica Reeve said...

It looks like Abby has some awesome dance moves (w/ the box on her head) I can't believe Shelbster is walking already! Your kids are over achievers!

Brin said...

It's funny the old stories that we will laugh at over and over. I'm sitting here by myself cracking up thinking of old times. Thanks for the stories. Those kids are over achievers. Never a dull moment at the Jolley house.

Libby said...

Don't take this the wrong way but Shelby totally looks like Suri Cruise. I mean that in the "she's a beautiful baby" way. Not the "her dad creeps me out to the maximus" way. Either way-what a doll!