BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We lived to tell the tale

Well I know you've all been dying to see my Disneyland pics, but first I'll fill you in on some of the more exciting points. Good ole Bob takes us to the airport, we get to the terminal unload our gear and I turn to Rob with a panic look on my face and ask, "where's the Dora backpack?"...the Dora backpack, mind you, had all of our Itinerary, maps, ID for the kids, etc. PLUS coloring books, picture books, all kinds of entertainment for the kids on the plane...Rob looks back at me with fear in his eyes and replies, "I didn't get it". This was the beginning of mommy's potty mouth. There were a few more occasions that it happened as well, I'll try not to include those moments. We got on the plane OK and still had our DVD player to keep the kids quiet. First night we went to the beach and the peir. There was a seal there barking at the people fishing and they would throw him fish. It was really fun. Day 2 was Disneyland. I can't describe the excitement from Abby all day. Coop had fun too. We did all the usual Disneyland stuff. Abby and I got to wait in line for an hour to meet some princesses, then we got to go dance with them. She was in heaven. The show there at night right now is called Fantasmic, it was awesome. That night, about midnight Coop wakes up and throws up all over his bed. Yeah, this could be interesting. Abby sleeps through the whole thing, we toss her onto our bed, change there sheets and pray it was just something he ate. He sleeps through the rest of the night, but first thing the next morning it's throw up city. Abby and Daddy go to California adventure while Coop and I snuggle in bed, watch TV, and luckily for me, play Bejeweled on Rob's palm pilot. By noon I'm out of blankets, sheets, pillowcases, everything. The cleaning ladies didn't speak any english but once I got it communicated that Coop was sick, they were very helpful with more supplies. Rob came back to switch me about 2:00 at which point Coop was holding some cheerios and water down. I then took Abby back to California Adventure for some fun. Rob calls about 4:30 and Coop was bouncing off the walls. We think he was just dehydrated. How bad of a mom/nurse am I? DUH? So we finished the night strong. Thursday was our last day of play and here is my advise, squeeze in a day of rest, if you will, during a park hopper trip. The kids were so tired and worn out by this point, things were a little difficult. Luckily there were some places at Disneyland we hadn't yet seen, so distraction still worked. Plus dancing with the stars was there that night, so that was fun. Then Friday we came home, and for those of you interested Tommy Lee was on our flight and I stood right next to him in line for about 15 second, I know, I'll be signing autographs for those who want them. Overall it was an awesome trip, I'm glad I took Coop, and although I really missed Shelbs, I'm glad she stay home. Abby got to meet all of the princesses except Snow White, and we met all the characters including 3 different Mickeys. I took about 80 pictures so I'll only give you a few classics.







5 comments:

Libby said...

At least you made it home alive Casey. I'm glad you're back safely.

Nicole said...

Poor Cooper, there's nothing worse than being sick when your in a hotel! I'm glad it had a happy ending though!

Pebley Family said...

How fun! Wish we could go. Hopefully Abby and Coop will remember this trip even if though they aren't in their prime:)

Brin said...

What an adventure. Coop just had to throw in a little excitement for you. I bet those kids loved every minute of it. Except for Coops pukes. What good parents to take them to Disney Land.

Springer Splatter said...

I am never using a hotel ice bucket again, but it looks like they make handy barf bags!!!