BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 30, 2009

Who needs a general contractor?

So who needs a general contractor when you have 3 motivated women with power tools? Not me I say. Last Thursday two of my best friends from the good old Washington Terrace 4th ward came over to help me take out some carpet and replace it with laminet flooring. When Rob left for work the plan was just to have a demo day...but things turned out a little differently. Demo took about an hour and a half and we planned the whole day so we moved on. We got the flooring layed completely and Rob was shocked when he came home. Who's the coolest wife in the world? Yeah, I am. Here's the pics to capture the days activities.
The pink is the carpet pad and the kids are walking on the roll of carpet. I did this part myself by the way. Really I feel this was most of my contribution. That and I bought lunch.


Here is my friend Emily. She was the master-putter-inner with the tongue and groove laminet.

Here is Sharon. She was the master mind behind the whole project cause we just did her house last month so she knew all the advised from the Home Depot guy.
Here's me cutting out the heat vent. (Side note: I ran into the side of the vent and can't get the cover to fit all the way. So this job is actually being delegated to Rob. However I did get most of the wood cut out).
And here is the near finished product. It looks so good and I love it. It took all day but we had a good time. NEXT UP: painting walls and painting and installing baseboards. I'll keep you posted.

PS Coop won out on the new template. Sorry Colie, this one's totally cheesy I know.

12 comments:

Mindi D said...

Good job girlies!! I am totally impressed!

Libby said...

Wow. Superwomen. Way to go Kristen and 4th Ward Gang. When we finish the basement, I'm calling you.

Kara said...

That is so great, but maybe next time don't let my husband see it. Then he will expect me to do something like that:)

Jennie said...

Girls Rule!! Kudos to you all! Looks great- but how are you guys at installing ceiling fans, cause I'm in the market?!

~Mandy~ said...

There is no way in heck I would have done that without my hubby or my father! I'm freakin impressed!

Julie said...

Wow! I would not even THINK about doing that. That is totally Chad's department! You really are superwoman, and your pregnant!! I won't be telling Chad that their are woman that actually do this.
P.S The template is cheesy, at least you can blame it on Coop.

Mike and Erika said...

I am totally amazed at your work! Go Girls!! Rob is lucky to have such a cool wife!

Jami said...

You rock! It looks so good! Since I dont have a husband, next time I'm calling you!

The Bissenden's: said...

So is it finished? You'll need to read my blog to get inspired if not :) Can't wait to come see it. Very impressed, good thing you were able to find an Arby's with the power on to feed the crew!!

The Coopers said...

You have some AWESOME friends!!! It looks great!

McDougal's said...

That looks awesome...good job gals!
Amazing what we women can really do huh!

Lindsey Rose said...

Wow! That is amazing! I agree with Kara, I wont let Doug read this cause he might expect greater things from me! It looks great, you guys did a great job!