BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

IS ROB REALLY THAT OLD?


Yeah, well so it seams. This post is mostly just to make you all feel sorry for me, so if you do then my work here is done. Let me share a little story. About two weeks ago Rob got a phone call from the Stake President's Executive Secretary. Should that have worried us? Yes. Did it? Yes. So we worried until Saturday when Rob called his Dad and asked him what callings only the Stake President could give. Well it just so happens that there are only a small handful of callings that the Stake President will give and High Counsel is one of them. So if you're wondering if I'm going to be a single mom with four kids under the age of 6 sitting through sacrament meeting
I can answer that in the affirmative. Yes, that's right folks, Big Rob is now a High Counselman and I will be sitting alone with my children on Sundays. I guess I'm kind of exagerating in that area because people in the ward have offered to help (the wife of the counselor who extended Rob the calling being one). Any offers to take my children to church with them on Sundays from here on out will gladly be accepted. Offer your condolenses (like everybody in my ward did after congratulating Rob and telling him what a wonderful job he will do) in the comments.
PS I really am excited for Rob and know he will do a good job. Just keeping you posted on our lives:)

8 comments:

Nicole said...

HILARIOUS!! REALLY? I always dread the Sundays that the High Councilmen come to speak in church. BORING. Maybe they called someone a little younger to spice things up a bit.
BTW My 2 dollars are in the mail to the Obama girls.

The Coopers said...

Haha! Nice picture, ya I told Kelly and he said he wants to come listen to Rob speak the first time, so keep us posted. And I truly am sorry for you. I didn't realize at the time you told me, how crazy it is cause he is so young.

Libby said...

Yikes and yikes. First for the picture. Second for the job. Your job. Maybe you should just start holding a Jolley Sacrament Meeting at your house. Good luck milady.

Camille said...

That is awesome!!! Kari told me that the two of you with your seven kids can sit together....That would be quite entertaining to watch!!! Congrats!!!

Brin said...

I love the picture. It looks just like Rob. Wow, a High Councilmen. I really though those callings were for old people. Rob must be a little more worthy than the rest of us. Hey, I have a hard time battling two children in church. If it were up to me I would just skip the sacrement part, goog thing I too have a very religious husband someone has to make be go to church. He He He!

Mrs B said...

Congrats, old mister moldy. No, that's great! I offer my services to help & by that I mean I'll chase your kids around in circles while chasing my one. I'll need some lessons when we decide another's in order. & man, I wish I had that picture to put on Tyler's 30th birthday invites!!

Kelly said...

Join the club sista! I have a hubby that is in the old man league as well.! Except not only is he gone for sacrament--but he is gone from 9 am to 6 pm on Sundays and gone on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings as well....not to make you feel bad!! I only have 1 and half children to worry about right now--so I guess I feel lucky about that part! Bishopbric is a great calling and Zak is really doing a great job and we get blessing too!

Mindi D said...

First, that picture is SICK! 2nd, i'm glad you update your blog now, i checked on you a while ago but there was not much on your good ol blog, so YAY i'm excited! And 3rd, what the heck are they doing putting him in the high counsel? Aren't they supposed to be like at least 56? Whatever!! I'm really sorry, church is hard WITH a hubby! He'll do great, but still WHATEVER!! It was fun to see you, keep in touch, good luck with little baby Whitney??