BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Odds and Ends

I don't feel like I have much to post about to be honest with ya. I guess since the last post we did have Christmas, which was awesome, and my birthday, which was so fun as well. Nothing really out of the ordinary to say though. However since this is somewhat of a family journal for me, humor me while I throw some pics up to record the memories.
Every year I think about it but never do it. This year we did it. We finally made homemade ginger bread houses. Did any really turn out as houses? No. But the kids sure had fun making their own creations.
We had the Jolley family Christmas party at our house this year. Complete with Santa and presents. Really had a fun night!
Some of you asked how we got onto the ESA court for our family pics this year. Well Rob and I are season ticket holders with 3 other families and every year this is one of the perks. We spent about 10 minutes on the court messing around and taking pics. It was really a fun night!
This night was in between snows. We had a bunch of wood and garbage to burn so we had a BIG bonfire. I was standing up on our deck and I could still feel the heat. The kids, and Rob of course, had so much fun with this one.
I wish this guy could go fishing more often. He and his brother went up for the day and brought home some tasty morsels. I love that my kids love trout too.
And lastly, this is something else I've wanted to do for a long time. Abby is 7 and has never been to Temple Square before. Yes, I'm a horrible parent. But this year we fixed that and took them all down. They loved it!
So that's it. Sorry it's a boring one. Life is just, well, life right now. We are loving our new house, but it takes most of our free time. We are hoping to get a yard in this spring. I would also like to get shelves built in out storage rooms so I can actually put them to use. Plus Rob bought a new trailer and has been spending all his extra time building up the inside of that. Anybody else feel like you wake up in the morning, blink, and the day is over, then do it all over the next day? Then you wake up one day and have 4 kids, a mortgage, and a retirement plan. Seriously, things are crazy right now. But, on the good side, I'm loving every minute!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad you blogged!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you my friend...and I missed your birthday. I am a horrible friend! We need to get together sometime....Maybe on a day the kids have off we can head to McD's for lunch.

Lindsey Rose said...

Glad to see picts of your family and that life ios going well!

Whitney said...

Do anything fun for New Years???? Anything??

Veronica Reeve said...

Kristen I am so happy to see a post from you. I feel like I haven't seen you forever. I even got a sneak peek at your house! I guess that will have to do until I get an invite. Looks like life at the Jolley's is busy and fun! Post again soon!

Heather said...

Love the blog! Glad you guys are doing well!

James said...

You have a retirement plan?

Sherice said...

ha ha! I love it~ I always say I have no idea where my days go! And ya, how in the heck did I get to this point. It is crazy and wonderful all at the same time:) I was actually quite impressed at what you've been doing~ bonfires, jazz games, gingerbread houses...seriously. Awesome!

Critt & Britt said...

Believe me I understand the time off the blog. I had a whole year to catch up on too. It's my only form of journaling so i thought i better do it. So do you think we'll actually play a softball game this year?